Saturday, September 14, 2013

Channeling the Masculine



I was trying to think of a video that would encompass the theme of this post, or at least touch on it, and the above was the closest I could get. I can only imagine just how awkward that would be!

So I've been working on the male path with rescuing Barbara. It's fairly streamlined to begin with, which I kinda feel bad about, but honestly there just aren't that many decisions to make in the beginning of it. It does branch off significantly from there, so tomorrow night's writing should be more varied. That Master Lang is just such a tricky, tricky character! Can't turn your back on him for a second.. especially when you're rather valuable to him. He does like to get what he wants.

Writing the male path is always challenging, but kind of interesting at the same time. There's a love scene where I really had to work on considering the.. other side.. so to speak. It was definitely exciting and fun to write, and hopefully I didn't write anything that would be unrealistic or badly or inaccurately described. Mignon, the mastermind behind the visual changes, has been kind enough to help "fact-check" my writing so to speak, so at least if there are any problems they can be changed fairly easily in revision.

More than anything, though, I've enjoyed getting back with Barbara again for a little bit. She's one of the few genuinely kind and innocent people in the world I've created, without any real motivation beyond just wanting someone to care about and protect her. As a writer, I'm glad to be able to provide that, at least as much as I can.

Oh! Before I forget, I had some questions on how my back is doing, which is really sweet!! I am officially pain free! I still have to do a Mobic a day for a couple more days and a Flexeril when I sleep to keep from injuring it more, but that mainly just means I get to have a really nice, drugged night's sleep! I can live with that! I was even able to get out and work in the yard for a little bit before it started to be uncomfortable! Progress is a good thing!

Anyway, no actual download or anything like that.. just a status report and a bit of rambling. In my off-moments I kind of play around with what it is I want to do once Journey is over. I haven't settled on anything yet, but I suspect it will be shorter and more tightly focused. I'm limiting myself to only one project at a time, so that I don't get distracted or discouraged, but it never hurts to play around with thoughts in my head. One of the better tricks I learned was to let go of ideas and just let them live in the back of my head for a while, fleshing them out without really thinking about them. I call it "percolating."

No comments:

Post a Comment